The Backyard Beekeeper
The complete guide for beginner beekeepers – with more than 175,000 copies sold!
The Backyard Beekeeper, now in its 4th edition, makes the time-honored and complex tradition of beekeeping an enjoyable and accessible backyard pastime that will appeal to urban and rural beekeepers of all skill levels.
More than a guide to beekeeping, this handbook offers expert advice for:
- Setting up and caring for your own colonies
- The best location to place your new bee colonies for their safety and yours
- The most practical and nontoxic ways to care for your bees
- Swarm control
- Using top bar hives
- Harvesting the products of a beehive and collecting and using honey
- Bee problems and treatments
With this complete resource and the expert advice of Bee Culture editor Kim Flottum, your bees will be healthy, happy, and more productive.
Paperback – 240 pages